Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Blessing

We've been here a whole month now and I still don't have my pictures up on the walls! I don't understand... I thought for sure that I'd be totally settled, decorated and on top of things. I'm not. My pictures are in stacks on my window shelf- still. I don't have just one "junk drawer" yet- but piles still on every counter that I seem to clear off every other day. I still haven't even taken the sticker off the glass in our bathroom that says, "Only wash with soap and water, do not use shower cleaners. Leave on for homeowners." Why is it so hard to knock this stuff out!?

I love houseplants, so does Caden. With so much dirt outside, I don't understand why he has to mess with mine. I'm having a hard enough time getting my plants to take without him dumping them out or digging in them. I don't know how to grow plants in a house with A/C- help! Maybe this is contributing to the reason my pictures aren't up yet!
I'm too busy cleaning up new messes.

Looking back at my days before moving, I struggled to keep up with the daily chores of keeping our house together and everyone happy. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to stay on top of that plus everything else and have it done by now. Guess if I wasn't still doing 2-3 loads of laundry every day, making dinner, dishes, babies, a trip to the ER, puppy training, football, homework with the big boys, everything else with the big boys... it might all be finished! Oh well!
I did do my entry wall with this saying. I'm still working on the pictures to go around it. Maybe that will happen today with the other things I've been meaning to get done!

2 comments:

The Dickey Family said...

Hey Sheila!
I love the wall! Take one thing at a time, moving is a big adjustment on top of the normal duties of being a mother and wife! Be easy on yourself, you are doing great!
I've been enjoying your blogs and the pictures of the boys. It looks like Kentucky...those misty mornings..and the bright sunshine. Makes me miss the south a little!
Jen

Unknown said...

I love that saying on the wall! I want one!!! Have fun unpacking...we've been in our house for 7 years and I still feel like we aren't totally settled in, LOL!

--Stephanie Gisseman