Friday, September 28, 2007

Haggard

haggard: having a gaunt, wasted, or exhausted appearance, as from prolonged suffering, exertion, or anxiety

OK- This was one of Justin's vocab words this week. He was looking for a definition this week. Instead of pulling one up from the Internet (our dictionary isn't unpacked yet) I simply said... me! He quickly responded... tired? Guess that fits! I didn't know the real definition but it actually fits! I don't think I've had prolonged suffering, but too much work and not enough play certainly fits! I know it looks like I'm doing all the work and Jim's sailing through this remodel... but, it's not true! He's pretty much touched every piece of sheet rock, wood and mud that's down there! (along with Uncle Dana...) Taking advice from my brother Steele... use as little mud as possible... sanding it is NOT fun! Justin was on the sander for a couple minutes, then completely worn out. The next day, he came home from school and we told him I sanded the whole downstairs. Jim asked him, " Do you have just a little more respect for mom now that she did the whole thing?" He quickly responded... "Oh, I already had a ton of respect for you both." Actually, all four of the boys have had a hand in helping build our basement... Caden's put in the most time... he's Mr. Fix-It. He LOVES being down there doing whatever we're doing! Justin's a close 2nd... He carried almost all of the sheet rock downstairs with Jim. Great bonding dad/son time! (Ty did carry 4 of the 140+ sheets... gotta give him credit!) One of these days when we're finished, they'll all be able to say they helped build our house!



No comments: