Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My new Ivory Silk Lilac

I'm so excited! For Mother's Day this year, I did something I don't think I've ever done before. Jim asked me what I would like, and I actually gave him an answer! I am usually content with happy kids, a clean house, being together... not having to make dinner. This year, I got all of the above in addition to a lilac tree.
I've known my whole life that lilacs are my mom's favorite flower. It wasn't until lately, that I really wanted one. Not one with the traditional purple blossoms, but a white one. Jim searched high and low, and really surprised me with an ivory silk Japanese lilac tree. Better yet, he planted it with the boys help! It feels like a new baby and I find myself checking on it several times a day just to make sure it's still there... I know, I'm crazy!

No comments: