Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Kind of Snow

Even before we closed on our house last summer, I was ready to start planting! Love working in the yard! I was lucky enough to have my mom with me and amidst all the craziness of moving we managed to make it to a local greenhouse. Neither my mom or I are too keen on shopping, but we LOVE nurseries! The smell of dirt, the humidity, the colors... LOVE it all!!

Of course, August is the end of the season so everything was picked over. We found a few of these "snow in summer" plants that are just beautiful. Problem was- they were about half dead. I asked the guy first if they had any more (no, wait until Spring...), then if he thought they would make it. He agreed- they were dead. We browsed a little more, then checked out. As I held one of the half-dead plants, I asked him if he'd discount it. He kind of smiled, then said I could just have it. So, without hesitation, I ran back to rescue a few more. We were so excited- what a deal! Jim kind of shook his head when we brought our bargain of the day home... couldn't understand why I was so excited about a few dead plants!

Well, they made it... and I love them! Best of all, they come back every year... bigger and better!

2 comments:

Dana said...

You should have the name "plant whisperer" to your list of talents. They look great.

Anonymous said...

I need your expertise, please!