Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer Running?

What was I thinking? I'm so excited for summer... with a relaxed schedule! My plan was for Justin and Ty to help motivate me to work out since we have this Y membership. I also envision sunny days at the zoo and weekly trips to the library. It's likely the big boys won't humor me with another summer of summer reading program, but the little guys will be so excited!

School's not even out and the camp registration forms are already coming home. Ty wanted to do basketball camp, which was just fine with me. I wrote the check and signed the release. I also planned on football camp for both of them- no big deal. There's a speed development program that the school offers as well that Tyler was really interested in. He mentioned it several times, and I finally let him know if he really wanted to do it, it was fine.
He brought the form home and while I was busy doing something else... he filled it out. I wrote the check ($65) and signed the medical release. I asked him what days it was... he said July 9- July 17. That seemed alright, it would break up July a little bit.
As I went back to look over the details two days later, I discovered it's really June 9 - July 17. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11. Three days a week of running- me running back and forth that is?! Yikes! As soon as I realized the real dates, I asked Ty. His comment was, "Mom, do you think they would really charge $65 for just a week of camp?" I didn't think that was too much- they could have gotten away with it with me.

It wouldn't be too bad except we're not next door to their school. It's a 20-minute drive each way (25 if you get stopped by a train, which is probable). So, trips taking him there and back if I don't wait in between add up to 80 minutes in the van- three days a week!

I've got to figure out how to get out of this one- I may even just take a hit if I can't get my $65 back. Feels like I'm trying to buy my time back.

No comments: