Sunday, July 20, 2008

Buzzed

Yes, the hair is gone! We did haircuts about two weeks ago- short for summer! I'm a firm believer as a parent, you have to pick your battles. When "discussing" with the boys, I have to ask myself, "does it really matter?" Hair is one area that is easy to be lenient with them... grades are an area we take more seriously!

I learned this lesson a couple years ago when Justin wanted to grow his hair long and bleach it. At first, I didn't want my clean-cut little boy turning in to a punk kid. He was going in to middle school, but still... Eventually, I gave in and in no time he had the shaggy, bleachy look of an orphan boy. He was still the same sweet kid, so it was alright. It didn't last and he was ready for it to be cut and no longer wanted the highlights. Now, when he looks at photos he can't believe it! I remind him that he begged to grow it out...

At the beginning of June, Justin announced that he was going to grow his hair out. No problem- it didn't last long. He's the one who asked for a buzz. It was a little shorter than he thought it would be, but it's growing. I'll have my clean-cut boys by the time school starts!
Caden's the most drastic, we think. We cut his wild curls off. It was just too much! We'll grow his back out- his curls just fit his crazy personality!

No comments: