Thursday, July 17, 2008

Special Cheese Manicotti

It really isn't hard to make... just takes a little time. Plus, it's messy unless you have that cool tool to squeeze the filling into the shells. The first time I made it, I said I was NEVER making it again because I made a mess... which is why it's probably one of Ty's favorites! Pretty healthy, too- I should make it more. Thanks Traci!

Special Cheese Manicotti

1 pkg (8oz) manicotti (cook according to directions, rinse in cold water, drain)
2 1/2 cups (10 oz) shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 T minced fresh parsley
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t nutmeg
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing- straight from the bottle
1/2 cup shredded zucchini ( I use more)
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Combine ingredients. Stuff manicotti and place in 9x13 pan. Pour spaghetti sauce on top. Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes, covered. Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese, bake 5 more minutes. Yummy with a green salad!

No comments: