Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mowing Therapy

I owe my hubby an apology.... probably many, but today it's for the grief I've given him about his tractor... I'm sorry Honey- I won't bring it up again EVER.

Jim had to have a tractor just about as soon as we bought our house. I didn't think it was the right timing... new house, move. That's shelling out a lot of money and not the time (in my opinion) to add another bill! We took a big pay cut along with added expenses of a brand new house. Anyhow, I reluctantly agreed to get it only with 0% interest for the life of the loan. Pretty good deal, but still another monthly bill! He really did have to work for this one!
With the craziness of finishing our basement, the tractor collected a bit of dust in the garage through the fall and winter. Yes, I reminded him many times that it really was not necessary. I've had a change of heart. I love the tractor. We all love it. Caden thinks it is his, and runs to it anytime Daddy starts it up. He doesn't like me even sitting on it, but had to this last weekend as I got a lesson and learned to mow. So relaxing- sitting in the 90+ sun mowing row after row. It really was the best therapy after a stressful week. I spent about three hours mowing our field and part of our yard- loved every minute of it. The second I turned off the engine, Caden was there and said, "Get off now, Mommy."

2 comments:

Dana said...

at least he bought a pretty red one.

Chris,Cori said...

My kids want a tractor now! You look relaxed. Enjoy it! Cori