Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ty's Braces

He said he wasn't one bit nervous- just excited! Ty finally got his braces on this morning. They put the separators in last week, and today was the big day. They put the top ones on and will follow up with the bottom teeth in six weeks. He chose dark green and white- sticking with his school colors! Hopefully, he's happy with his choice since he'll be wearing them for a while- 2+ years! They gave him a cool little tooth care pack along with a t-shirt that he was excited about. I reminded him that 's the most expensive shirt we'll EVER buy him! Dang... I'm encouraging my boys to go in to orthodontics... they bring in the money along with the great schedule!

Braces are new territory for me, having never had to wear them, so I'm glad he's excited! I just can't wait to see his smile at the end!

1 comment:

Jody said...

I had braces from 5th-8th grade.... I am very grateful now as an adult that my parents cared about my teeth and got them for me, but when he gets them tightned make sure to take him tylenol or motrin! it hurts... :) but tell him he's on his way to a great smile!