Monday, March 16, 2009

My Little Runaways

Last week, after reading a library book- "I'm running away," Coleman and Caden decided to do just that. Before I knew it- they had packed their bags and were ready to go. They happened to tell me as I was making lunch- so I let them know their lunch was almost ready. Coleman said, "I guess we can wait to run away until after lunch." I laughed- they ate. Then, they were on their way and noticed their favorite cartoon was on. Again, their trip was delayed. Coleman said, "I guess we'll run away after Tom and Jerry." They never made it quite out the door in spite of their big plans. Coleman did let me know in his little whisper that he'd be in running to Dad's shop. Guess Grandma's house was just too far this time!

What was in their bags? I wondered since Caden could barely get his up the stairs. Oh- the most important things in life... boots and their blankets.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh my gosh how cute is that!! By the way, the ladies also love Tom and Jerry :)

Anonymous said...

It may not be a good idea to read a book about being a hobo and catching a train either. At least not for another year or two.

That's too cute!

Love,
Pam

Unknown said...

That is adorable!! You could probably survive with a blanket for at least a few hours. ; )