Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Storm

Just a week ago, we were planting trees and grass seed. Lately, our temperatures have been in the 60's, and 70's but even hit 85 degrees last week. As I write, we're bracing for a huge spring storm that's going across Kansas. This is absolutely bizarre to me! It's starting as ice- my office window is completely iced over already as if I've painted a cool glaze on it for a little privacy. There is also occasional thunder and it just feels dark and stormy. Jim's still working and the big boys are at school. Ty's track was cancelled (yesterday)- I only hope the high school does the same rather than hold an indoor practice. I'd really feel much better if they were all home- right now! I started a big crock pot of homemade chicken soup, but now I'm wondering if we'll have power long enough for it to cook! I sure hope so!! I think by tomorrow, we're supposed to have 8-10 inches of snow with a fierce wind causing a huge blizzard. That's about 6 inches more snow than we saw all winter (total). We won't be going ANY where this weekend, and probably won't be working in the yard either!!


This is just the beginning- the hail- I'm sure I'll have some better shots tomorrow! Oh- I hope our peach trees are okay!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Oh my gosh!! that is awful, I think these weather changes are how we all get sick!

The Dickey Family said...

Yikes! That sounds so bizarre for the south. I guess March is going out like a lion for you guys!