Thursday, July 21, 2011

a real S I N K

I like to think I'm a simple girl. Relatively low maintenance- I don't like shopping, I'm ok with getting dirty and I know how to {and often do... especially as of late} work hard. Good shampoos and hair products are a must-have area, but most other things- I can live just fine without.
Manicures and pedicures and time at the spa are wonderful, but again I just fine without. I'm easy. Give me a new kitchen {specifically a sink} and I'm good for a long, long time. I'm a happy girl.

I had come to grips with living in our old {rental} house. Daily, I had to reminded myself it was only temporary.
I wasn't happy with it or the circumstances, but determined to make it work.

Just weeks before we decided to make this move, I even re-organized our laundry room and kitchen cupboards {all three of them} in an honest effort to make it work better. Still, it never felt like a home or that we were settled.

We've been here one week and already feel more settled that we have since entering this country. There are still lots and lots of boxes to unpack and things to put away, but it feels like a home. Our home.

I think the best thing about this new house is the kitchen. I walk in and still can't believe how nice it feels.

The cupboards.

The light.

The counterspace.

The sink. Oh, the sink.

I feel like the most spoiled girl around just because of a new kitchen sink. Trust me- I know how silly that sounds. It's just the most wonderful thing to be able to wash dishes without the spout spraying all over the place. Or, having your shirt soaked because it's impossible to wash anything without making a mess since nothing fit in our other mini RV-sink.

I'm pretty sure Justin wouldn't agree, but we {Jim & I} think it's actually enjoyable {again} to do dishes. To have a nice, clean kitchen.

I love it. All of it.

Two nice-sized windows make it a super sunny, warm space with ample light.

The cupboards are great, but a bonus on one lower cupboard {I should have taken pictures with it clean, sorry} is that the shelves are on a track. As soon as you pull the front shelf out, a hidden shelf opens up as well.

It's kind of nice to have a space for {almost} everything. And, to be able to open a cupboard without everything falling out.
Yes... it's a mess, I'll be organizing... but look at all that space!
The oven is even larger than our old one. Our largest roasting pan still doesn't fit, but my regular-sized cookie sheets do. That makes me so happy.

Already this week, I've made pumpkin bars and brownies-  just because I can.

That's more baking than I've done since we moved here. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It gets even better.

A real laundry room with even more shelving just through that door on the side. Main-level laundry room next to the kitchen?

Yes, I do love simple things.

No comments: