Sunday, July 24, 2011

so much R A I N here

Oh, I wish I could send some of the Germany rain to our hot Kansas friends. The last I read, Kansas had temperatures in the triple digits for 29 or 30 days this summer. Normal for Yuma {right, Grandpaw?} that's hot even for Kansas. Perfect for the pool, this mama would love some of that tan. Just soak it up for me, too.

Here, I think we've had the same number of days of rain. It hasn't bothered me too much. I think I'm definitely Alaska-white once again, but I do like the fact that my flowers are getting {free} water.

You know how I am about that expensive water thing.

This is our little garage. It's actually bigger than the one-car garage we had in our last house. If I was brave, I would have run out there to get an inside picture, but you get the idea.

There is even shelving in the back, which makes Jim really, really happy. He's actually quite content and excited about this new garage.

For me, this is hard to believe coming from my husband who loves lots of garage {and shop} space. Aah, Germany is changing us all. I think it's getting under our skin.

It's kind of funny- parking is a premium here in Germany. I'd even guess Europe as a whole has very little parking space. We have two spaces in our driveway, and the space in front of our garage which is the farthest space. Some landlords even are allowed to {and do} charge extra for a garage. Luckily, ours doesn't.

Have I said yet how much I love our new landlord?
There's an old hoop on the side of the garage that the boys have been playing on. It's nice for Caden {& Justin} to have a little space again to get out and burn off some energy. It's nice for me feeling calmer and not the crazy mom worried about the little guys being on the busy street. It's all good.

No comments: