Saturday, July 23, 2011

S A T U R D A Y jobs

It's all work today in the Dickey household. My mom likes to call is Saturday jobs. I prefer to just call it a work day.
Yes, the boys are thrilled. Thrilled. Justin says it's tough having parents who love to work so much.
The goal to get every box from the basement to the correct room of the house. We'll see how far we get. Anything more than than will be a bonus.  

Until I get our house organized, in order and decorated, I'll show the outside of our new house. The yard is just as tiny, but we have a nice concrete terrace out the back door with an extra space {rocks and ivy} to let Lady go potty. Nice that she won't have to go in the yard- the little grass we have to care for.

No neighbors on either side makes for a little more space and even being in the middle of houses, we still feel a little privacy.

It's funny how a more cheerful perspective makes things that would normally be negatives not so bad.
After what we've been though and continue to deal with {no, we still haven't gotten our $4000+ deposit back} we're so happy with everything. It's all good.

I love that she planted flowers in the front yard. Beautiful perinneals with lots of color. I can't wait to have time to work out there. I love them.
It is a really, really old house. As I mentioned before, it was our landlords grandparents' house. What I love is that they completely renovated the entire house just over two years ago. Everything was new with a bit of the old charm remaining. The original wood floors are throughout the house- I think she said they were seventy years old.

Hopefully, this week I'll make it  room by room to display pictures of our new space.
our little front yard... notice the house made of bricks across the street...that's how they do it here

No comments: