Sunday, December 11, 2011

st. N I K O L A U S tag

We are in full Christmas mode here in Germany. I love it.

The gal the cuts my hair told me, "You do know... Christmas did start in Germany."

The traditions are really beautiful here.
We're trying to soak it in.
For German kids, December 6 is one of the best days of the month- St. Nikolaus Tag.

The evening of the 5th, children put their shoe outside the door in hopes of receiving treats.

For the good kids, it's candy and maybe a little toy. For the not-so-good kids, it's sticks.

Coleman says if you're kind of good, you get sticks and candy.

Being in Germany immersion, Coleman was especially excited to put his shoe out and made sure all our boys were set for candy.

The boys found another treat on the front step later in the day. Each got  a 4-pack of Kindereggs- a super cool German chocolate {with a toy inside} for kids.

I'm pretty sure our wonderful landlord played St. Nickolaus as well. I do love her.

No comments: