Friday, February 4, 2011

looks like W H O ?

I really was trying to stay focused today. In spite of Caden waking us up around midnight, then Coleman up at 4:00 wanting to watch a movie {yes, I wanted to scream}... I had a mental list of things I wanted to try to knock off in hopes of making a little more headway on this house that is still not put together. After changing everyone's sheets, more than a few loads of laundry and a little more cleaning, I decided to try hanging a few pictures. Seems like an easy task, right? No, not in this house made of concrete. It's pretty much hit and miss as to whether those little nails will go in. Now, I'm seeing {possibly} what Johannes was trying to tell me when he said, "tap, tap, tap" in response to me asking to hang pictures.

Houses here are just not made the same- they're solid concrete with a lot of mud or plaster or whatever they use to cover up the concrete. Jim tried to help me hang larger items {mirrors} over last weekend and we ended up with several holes where we knocked off the plaster trying to hammer in to concrete. Just doesn't work. That is why we are told to open windows daily for at least ten minutes- to give the house a little air since these walls don't breathe.  

Anyhow, back to my pictures. I was on a little bit of a roll until I came to this picture frame and realized just how long it's been since I've updated it. WOW... I'm more than a little bit behind. Look how small J & T are! From here, I lost all focus. I tried to tell myself to just put it up, then switch them out later as I knew I'd be completely sidetracked looking through pictures. But, when does later ever make its way around? Might as well do it today, right? Then, I caught a glimpse of my sweet little Tyler who reminded me of another little guy I spend most of my time with these days. 

This is what Caden & Ty do {did} when they don't want their picture taken...
I've never been one who can easily tell when a baby is born who it looks like. Even my own kids. From day one, everyone thought Justin and Ty looked like my brothers- something that I love since I think I have two very good-looking brothers.
 
When Coleman was born and we went to check out of the hospital, the nurse didn't even check Jim's wrist band to match him up with the newborn Coleman but, she made sure to check mine to see that I was the mom. Go figure. No doubt- he's his daddy's baby.  My mom's breath was taken away the minute she held Caden as a newborn. She said it felt like she was holding me all over again- a feeling she had never experienced with another baby. It's been fun to watch as they've grown and changed to see who they resemble. The more I look at Caden now, I think he and Ty share a huge resemblance. Not sure Ty would agree. Both such sweet babies, both extremely stubborn and both in to everything as busy little boys.


Ty- such a cute little guy

  
still LOVES the snow... always has
Yes, he made messes too and sometimes needs to be reminded since he thinks Coleman and Caden get in to everything {and he never did, of course}. Here, he took paint brushes waiting to be washed out and painted my car and his Aunt Starr's car... ugh, it was a horrible mess. 

No comments: