Monday, February 28, 2011

a streak-free S H I N E

The sun decided to make an appearance again today- that's two days in a row, yeah! It's also a huge reminder of how filthy our windows are. I love clean windows. The problem is I've never been very good at cleaning them. I know quite well how to do it, I just don't. For some reason, washing windows is always at the very {very} bottom of my cleaning priority list- always has been. By the time I get the rest of the house clean, I either run out of energy or motivation to pull out the Windex.
 
As embarrassing as it is, I think I average maybe once or twice a year {if that} washing them. I'm even worse with the outsides which rarely get cleaned. Even then, we usually get the outdoor Windex mix that you hook to the garden hose and Jim is great about spraying them down. Kind of cheating, in a way- horrible, I know. But, I am very hopeful that I might just change things up over here. I just needed these German windows.

I've already mentioned that the windows over here are pretty cool. Since these {concrete} walls don't breathe at all, it's very convenient to crack the windows by opening them up on top. I do this daily in every room to get a little fresh air circulating to help a little with the huge, horrible problem with mold.

They're even more convenient to wash- inside and out. By pressing the handle up, the window cracks. Then, to the side, it opens up. To open the other side {if there are two in the frame} Justin discovered that you just pull out the lever and it opens as well. I think it's a very cool concept making it a breeze to clean all windows- especially those on the second and third floors of our house. The newness might wear off but for today- we have clean windows and I'm loving it.
This is the view out Justin's window

No comments: