Friday, February 11, 2011

thirty eight is G R E A T

Jim took a little grief last week {thanks Scottie} for the flowers that I actually bought for myself. In his defense, he is very good at randomly bringing home the most beautiful flowers even if it is for no other reason than "just because" or to surprise me. He said he can't do it too often, then it wouldn't mean as much. I truly don't think a girl can
E  V  E  R get too many flowers.

Today is actually my birthday and he never disappoints. This might be the most beautiful arrangement of tulips he's picked out. I absolutely love the lacey edges- so dainty and pretty. He had them sitting out waiting for me this morning as I got up {along with a few other surprises}. I never think of birthdays {my birthdays specifically} as that big of a deal. Especially now as I don't really need anything and don't really want to spend money on myself. I usually just love my family to be with me- to hang out with everyone happy. I'm pretty easy to please, at least I think so. It is however very nice to have a man who thinks ahead enough to make it a special day for me.

Coleman's teacher sent a note home today saying "Happy Birthday" and let me know I share the same birthday as her dad. She said she told the class that her dad is 87 years old today. Coleman spoke up and said, "My mom is 78 years old today." After a few giggles from the class, she said he changed his number to 38. What a funny kid!

I didn't want to go out for dinner tonight, so Jim insisted we have lunch together this afternoon. He took us to a new place {duh, I guess everything is new...}called Kebabhaus not too far away. It's a little hole in the wall- our favorite spots to find. We had what they call Doners. They have meat on a big steak spinning {slowly} in front of heat to sear it. He cut the tender meat off the bone, then loaded up a wrap with the meat, white and red cabbage {my favorite}, cheese, a tomato, a pepper and the best cucumber {white} sauce. It was delicious. Jim ordered, and they prepared our food. We sat down at a table {one of two tables in the little joint} and ate. Once we finished, Jim went up and paid. Seemed a little backwards to me. A very nice lunch with even better company with my favorite man {and little guy}.

As we left, I was driving and Jim pointing directions. We stopped at a light and he let me know I was way too far up. I pulled up to the line which happened to be the cross walk. Oops. I had to take a photo across the intersection to show how far back you're supposed to wait. How is someone new supposed to know these things?

See that car across the way- it's not parked, it's waiting for the light to turn. Gotta have room to get around the corners on these super narrow roads. I was actually surprised no one honked.

Looking forward to a fun evening once my hubby and the boys arrive home from school and work. I'm just as excited for another great year. Even as a teenager, thirty seemed so old to me. Not anyone specifically, it just sounded old to be thirty-something. Now as I'm in my {late} thirties, I feel so young- what was I thinking? These are really great years.

No comments: