Tuesday, May 3, 2011

yellow patches of S U N S H I N E

Several people let us know as soon as we moved here, that Spring and Summer are worth waiting for. I think it was an attempt to help us get through the cold, long winter. Kind of a pat on the back that everything will be alright as soon as the seasons change. We also heard from those same people that there would be fields of yellow everywhere as soon as it warms up. We're in the midst of that warm up and these yellow fields have not dissapointed.

Both amazing and beautiful they seem to be around every corner, on hillsides and even along the trails and roadside. They're canola flowers- I'm assuming it is the plant that canola oil is extracted from.
I think more than anything, these huge patches of the the almost flourescent yellow flowers seem to add a sort of glow and warmth to the landscape. Individually, I think they look more like a weed. Collectively- a breath-taking sight. Huge spots of sunshine.

This week, I've continued in my efforts to enjoy and be more positive of where we are and the beauty surrounding us. Coleman and Caden both went to bed the other night and told Jim they hate Germany. I've really tried to mentally move on and get excited. I've been especially careful with what I say around them focusing and trying to be the optimist mom and wife that I know my family needs.

I think knowing that our house continues to sit vacant in a stagnent market has made it an especially difficult transition. Yes, the financial burden has been enormous, but it kind of feels like everything is just sitting there waiting for us to come back and continue on with our happy life. Crazy as it sounds, I think as soon as it sells, everything will feel more final. Without juggling two house payments, we're excited to then be able to start our travels and trip planning.

Obviously, we're all still struggling {five months later} but I have hopes that we'll get to that happy place again. Sooner rather than later would be nice. Yellow flowers help. 

I took this from our bedroom window looking to the side

No comments: