Friday, May 20, 2011

i know i am P A T H E T I C

I know I sound pathetic. For the record, I have managed to keep things together even on my own. I have also changed up the music and have been cranking up the hip hop. Everything doesn't run quite as smoothly when Jim's gone, but we somehow manage to make it. I like to kick in to organization mode, but it just didn't happen this trip. He'll have to overlook the house and be happy with clean sheets upon his return this time.

Usually, time apart is {if nothing else} a great time for reflection and always makes me want to be a better, more dedicated wife. Again, while I do get sad I think I'm most grateful for a wonderful partner. Not just an ok marriage. Life's tough, it's nice to be in love with the one I'm with.

In spite of sounding completely depressed and worthless, here are a few of my other single mom accomplishments from the last month on my own:
- made it up on time every day with no one late to school {this is kinda BIG- I'm not a morning person}
- got garbage out every Monday... even the right can/bags
- made my bed and got dressed every day
- kept up with my running schedule {2-3 times per week}
- everyone was fed dinner every night... even if we had cereal a couple times
- little guys were put to bed every night even with stories and a kiss good night

Busy weekend here... it's a ball game for Coleman tonight and European Championships for Justin today and tomorrow. Coleman and Caden are also in a run on base tomorrow morning... Should all be great! I'm sure I'll take an abundance of photos... fun stuff.

1 comment:

deb said...

You are NOT pathetic! You are a stressed out single parent at the moment and you have every right to be having the feelings you are having. There is NO WAY I could do what you are doing. You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for woman! I wish I could be there to help you when Jim is gone, but it is a little bit too far to travel. LOL! Keep your chin up! I love you and miss you lots. Deb