Monday, May 23, 2011

u n t r u s t i n g

I heard just this weekend the opinion that Germans are so untrusting. Can't blame them really. The older generations have especially seen some horrific times. When they stare {oh, and I mean stare straight through you} I usually {now... not six months ago} wave or shout out a little Tag or Halo back to them and go on my way. No big deal but, I have been thinking of this trust, or rather lack of trust factor this weekend especially.
Then, the best thing happened. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home from track. Jim ran in to grab a couple items {the yummiest ice cream bars... fresh bread} while I waited in the car with Ty, Coleman and Caden. We try our darndest not to overwhelm them with our entire family if we can help it.

An old man pulls up to the parking space next to us and parks his nice convertible. I looked over at him and smiled, but didn't say anything. He took off his old hat and put it on the seat next to him. He then rolled up the two front windows and got out of his car. Here's the best part- he then locked his doors, then walked in to the store.

Two windows rolled up and doors locked is not going to stop anyone from getting in to his car if they want to. It's a convertible... the rest of the car is open. Silly old man. Untrusting? What was he thinking?

I'm still trying to figure this out.  I'm also still laughing.

No comments: