Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy M O T H E R ' S Day

Happy Mother's Day!
I've known my entire life that I wanted to be a mom. A true believer in birth order, I know I fit the description tagged to the oldest child. My two brothers have never known life without a bossy older sister who always thought I was their second mom. It was all out of love {still is}.
I never played with real baby dolls, but being nine when my little sister was born, I had a real-life baby doll that I really thought was mine. I loved her from the second I saw her in the hospital. I think right then and there I wanted ten kids of my own.
Now, having four boys is absolutely perfect- I can't imagine my life without them. On the other hand, I can imagine a clean, organized house, but would it be worth it? No way.

I finished school and worked at different times because I've had to but have never been especially career-driven. All I've ever wanted to really do was play house while striving to be the best wife and mom I could be. There's no place I'd rather be {ever} than in our home with our family.

Having everyone happy and healthy is a nice bonus.

Being a mom, I love...
... that my boys {all} are still excited every day to tell me how their day went at school & practice
... that they all tell me every day that they love me
... that we have four boys with completely different personalities- adds to the excitement in our home
... movie nights that they still like to hang out with us
... that they're all sensitive but strong
... watching them as they learn and grow
... they wear me out but also keep me going and help me to want to do more and be better
... that they're mine {ok honey- ours}

In addition to being lucky enough to be a mom, I'm pretty sure I have the most wonderful mom around. I think she folds her towels the silly way {don't you agree, Starr?}, has some funny remedies, and irons way too much. More than anything, we all know there isn't a mom around who loves her kids {and grandkids} more and would do anything for any one of us.

Love you, mom.

1 comment:

Mac and Starr said...

You're such a good mom and may I add the BEST sister! Love you*