Wednesday, May 25, 2011

g r a d u a t i o n & REFLECTING

One of the very hardest parts of moving was leaving our Kansas kids behind. Six months later, I still struggle to talk about it or even look at pictures of our departure without becoming extremely emotional. These kids made their way into my heart forever.

Three of these amazing girls that I love graduated last week and I couldn't be more proud of them. It's as if they're my own. All three are smart as can be, but their drive, dedication and motivation are what leave me in awe. Academics, sports, volunteering, work, play- they do it all. They are going on to do fabulous things... I can't wait to see what they accomplish next.
Reflecting on their graduation has caused me to feel a little anxiety knowing that I only have one year left until Justin graduates. Two until Ty is on his way to college. As if that's not enough to think about I've got Caden going to full-day kindergarten in the fall. My mind has been racing.

Never one to cry {not even a tear} when my boys start school, I'm wondering if I've done all I can to enjoy the time I've had with them all still in our nest. Am I going to have regrets? As their parents, have we created enough memories- fabulous memories? Hopefully, I haven't been to busy to treasure the moments along the way.

I'm down to three weeks left with only Caden at home before school gets out for summer. These are days I can't get back. Have I played enough, or been caught up with other busy work that really doesn't matter? Have I taught him enough?

Yesterday, the big boys had a super short three-hour school day. When Caden found out they would be home before lunch he said, "Ahh, that's not fair." I'm realizing more now than ever before how special this one-on-one time is with my little guy. I need to treasure it.

In bed sick with a super sore {blazing red} throat, Caden's down today. While I thought of all the things I could get done, I think I've decided to lay down and snuggle next to him instead. Along with an occasional popcycle, that's all he wants- to have his mama close. I can do this. It's a rarity to have him in one place for so long. I need to cherish it.

Luckily, I have a little time left with all four at home to enjoy. This is my focus.

No comments: