Saturday, June 18, 2011

alles K L A R

I always think company is a great excuse to have the whole house clean. It forces me to get those little things done {dusting for one} that I always seem to put off. Plus, everything is clean at the same time which I love for the entire six minutes that it lasts.

Last night, I was vacuuming at 1:30 {in the morning}. Crazy, I know- I wasn't happy about it at all. After a crazy busy week, no husband, planning for vacation, school letting out, moving my friend, starting to pack, four boys and a dog-  Rosa {our soon to be landlord of the past} rings the doorbell at 5:30pm.

It was bad enough Coleman opened the door as I'm screaming, "Don't open the door," only to let Lady out. She's not the dog who bolts out the door- she just barks and barks when it's someone she doesn't know or like. You would think she knows Rosa by now- seven months of seeing her practically every day and she still has to bark like an attack dog. Either she's dumb as a doornail or maybe she knows something about the Russians that we just suspect. Maybe a little of both.

So, the knock on the door was to let me know she had a showing set up for our house at 11:00 this morning. Seriously- it's Friday night? After telling me anything, she always likes to add the phrase, "Alles Klar?" All is clear? What if I didn't understand German- I always wonder this as they've made no attempt to learn a single word in English. Renting to Americans you would think they would make a little effort.

Oh well, I got it- let her know I understood. Then, the panic attack kicked in with every room a complete disaster, four dirty toilets, laundry waiting to be put away and suitcases along with everything else spread randomly throughout the house. It's one of my life-long goals to keep my house clean enough that at any given moment anyone could drop in and I wouldn't have to scurry to pick up things. I'd just love to be that on top of things all the time!

We survived and have a clean house top to bottom {minus the oven and showers- I hate those jobs}. I'm grateful now, because I would have been cleaning tonight- all night or perhaps even tomorrow. Maybe, I should thank Rosa. Or, not. I did let the prospective renters know if they'd like to come back later and talk or ask me any other questions, I'd be happy help them. Ornery? Maybe a little bit.

Instead, tonight I get to think about vacation in Paris in less than 24 hours and getting to see my husband after a long week apart. I miss him terribly and can't wait to see him. No cooking or cleaning for ten days- I'm a little excited about that, too.
Undivided attention and time with my boys to connect and make some amazing memories. Ahh... let summer break begin! I should have some pictures to come this week...

Look what I just bought with some saved birthday money. I can't wait to use it- it's a tripod that supposedly hooks to anything- a pole, uneven surface and just about anywhere else. I do plan on taking some pictures this week, maybe I'll even get in a few of them!

No comments: