Sunday, June 12, 2011

off to P A R I S

He's off again... this time it's back to Paris for the Air Show. It will be three very busy weeks for him as he's anticipating long, long days.

This week, I finally broke down and bought train tickets so we could meet up and experience Paris as well. The boys and I are heading out next Sunday for a long overdue vacation.

For us {the boys and I}, I think Paris will be a little more exciting. While I feel extremely guilty for planning a trip now given our two-house-payment financial situation, it was an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. Paris is not cheap.

With a hotel suite paid for {including breakfast}, that's a huge expense we don't have to account for.  The hotel also has a nice weight room and swimming pool we plan to use daily.

I've started my research and told my German neighbor I had checked out ten books from the library to read up on this new huge city with so much to see and do.
She looked at me a little funny and said, "Ten books?" I laughed back and to throw her off a little I said, "Oh, maybe twenty." I'm sure she already thinks I'm crazy.

I told her I'm a little nervous and she said, "It's ok. Everyone speaks English." Good to know.

I plan to walk the legs off off of the boys while making it the trip of a lifetime. Jim and I might have to go back alone to catch the romantic side of Paris. It's only a two-hour trip on the fast train- pretty amazing.
With more than enough to do this week, I have my hands full this week. Memories to come.

No comments: