Thursday, June 23, 2011

day F O U R in paris

Day one {1} in Paris: Had the door close on me on the Metro: Justin saved my life. While walking out of the Subway up to the bus station Caden's first words were, "Look, mom- a rat." He was excited. I looked away to avoid seeing it which would have caused more nightmares than I already anticipated after our long travels.

Day two {2} in Paris: Scared for my life walking through the park with a shady bunch of guys staring me down... ids and money made it to my bra for the walk back.

Day three {3} in Paris: Witnessed a fight in front of our hotel between a bus driver and taxi driver. We were driving to grab some food and saw it only because the bus driver stopped his bus while pulling out of another hotel blocking traffic from both directions in order for all to see the brawl. It wasn't a pretty sight. Wow- these guys are no joke. Police showed up shortly after.

Day four {4} in Paris: Watched a protest in front of the airport where the air show was taking place. Lots of cops carrying huge shields. Of course, Jim had to run straight through it as he was trying to get someone to open a gate for us. We were turned away at the main gate as the French security said no kids were allowed today. We made it in, I'll post some cool pictures tomorrow.

Just another day in Paris, I guess.

Four down, six to go- yikes! Looking forward to seeing why this is called one of the most romantic cities in the world. More than anything today, I'm realizing I'm not a big city girl feeling a little overwhelmed.

And yes, I know I'm a wimp.

No comments: