Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a lot of L A U N D R Y

Sixty {60} pairs of underwear, maybe even more. Laundry. Six of us for ten days, plus all of Jim's from the entire previous week. That's a lot of dirty, stinky clothing. I'm not sure how or why I used to save it all for one day.

That's what I've been up to all day. I'm grateful for the 90+ degrees outside which helped speed up the drying process. It was ready to come down just about as quickly as I hung it up.

We're home, we're safe, we're exhausted. I don't think I could have paid the little guys to leave the house today. We all also have a greater appreciation for Germany. Justin's first words when we got to the van were, "Oh, I love Germany."

Maybe we should have visited Paris back in January. Our transition might have been quicker.

More stories and pictures to come from our adventure in Pairs. Just as soon as I get through these mountains of clothes.

No comments: