Wednesday, December 29, 2010

our master BATHROOM

I'm having a little trouble with our Master bathroom. It's super small- I can deal with that. You can use the toilet and wash your hands without even getting up- might be convenient some day. The issue I'm having is the same issue I'm having with this entire house- there's NO storage. I don't understand why the don't have any built-in storage in these houses- absolutely none. You've already seen our kitchen, or kitchenette (which is how I now refer to it) as my friend Teresa pointed out. Very few cupboards. In the bedrooms there are no closets- that's just the European way. They use wardrobes instead. The base loaned us seven of them- they're really not that large, but definitely helpful. We moved this one to our entry way to help a little with the coats and snowpants that end up everywhere. I'll deal with the bedrooms and kitchen when we actually have things to have to organize and put away.
In the meantime, this bathroom is driving me crazy- everything is just way too close to the toilet. There is a ledge to place items but, you drop anything and it's likely to land kerplunk in the bowl- totally grosses me out. I really don't like much to do with the toilet at all- even having to reach over it to get something is a struggle for me. Our last master bathroom had the ideal set up- the toilet was in it's own little room completely isolated with its own door. I loved it the minute I saw it. I don't think I've always been such a germaphobe but having 4 little boys has changed my perspective on the area around the toilet. It's just not a clean place- it doesn't matter how much bleach I use. Here, I'll just have to adjust since it's all within reaching distance- the sink, toilet and shower. I did find a bathroom cabinet on a used garage sale site here for $10 and splurged for it. Not a normal cabinet- it's made to slip right under the sink. It's a start.   


The box in on the ledge was actually left over from mandarin oranges we bought. We finished eating them and I was trying to figure out how to throw the box away. I took the netting off and put that in our yellow bag, then took the staples out- I've figured out metal. The wood- not so sure and it's not on my cheat sheet. So, it's a handy-dandy organizer for the time being. Oh, I've got a lot to learn.

No comments: