Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our PINK wall

I can't believe I forgot to add a photo of the pink wall in our house on here! It's quite bright, on all three levels. I guess it's our landlord's idea of an accent wall. Maybe, it's a Russian thing... who knows! I won't be paining anything in this house, so we'll have to learn to live with it! After just two days here, I think I might be able to lose weight after all... with three stinkin flights of stairs. Especially since the laundry is on the bottom level, our bedroom is on the middle level and the boys rooms are on top. That's a lot of running... Plus, I think it might help kick my "midnight waking up to snack habit..." I'd have to go too far. Plus, this house seems super tall for some reason-Jim thinks the ceilings are 9' tall at least. Not sure why, but it's tall!

This is one of our toilets. There are two buttons on the wall behind to flush it. The large one is for big flushes, the smaller one for little flushes. It's that conservative thing again. Very smart, reminds us of how wasteful we are.

1 comment:

The Texas Bakers said...

I am really enjoying reading about your German adventure. We have always wanted to live abroad for a while but haven't had the chance yet. I'm sure it is really hard to get used to all the differences, but I love their conservation attitude! We need more of that in the U.S. I think your house looks beautiful! That double-flush is a great idea!