Tuesday, April 12, 2011

S P R I N G break

Ahh, it's Spring Break- finally. Seems like this school calendar is much longer since they didn't start until almost September. Over here, Spring Break is a big deal. It seems like everyone is going on vacation and there is nothing ordinary about these planned trips. I think there is an actual form in the school office for families to fill out who are pulling their kids out for an extended time.

We kind of feel like the minority, but will be ready to jump on board next year. Everything still seems to be hinging on selling our house in Kansas. On a happy note- we have just switched realtors and couldn't be more delighted with our new lady in charge. Competent and motivated- two qualities we desperately need at this point and are relieved to have found. Until getting the release from our other realtor, I don't think we realized the extra weight on our shoulders from the additional stress we have been feeling because of him. It's hard enough shouldering the stress of a house stuck on the market {10 months now}. Hopefully, things will start to move with the arrival of warmer weather.

Three families we know in our village are on cruises- Mediterranean cruises starting in cool places like Rome or Venice and hitting every hot spot along the way. Another new friend just told me they're taking a huge road trip- across to Paris, up through England {they take the ferry across with their vehicle}, Ireland and Scotland and back down to Germany. Yet another family we know is going up to Holland for the week to see the flowers. All amazing adventures and I can hardly wait to take notes and fill up my book with ideas and advice. I let them all know I can't wait to see and learn where to go!

For us, we're hanging low- enjoying a little lack of structure. I told the boys we'd head to the base today if they wanted to go to the gym. They didn't even want to leave the house which is good. I'll take it! 

No comments: