Saturday, April 16, 2011

his S M I L E is back

He's back and we couldn't be more pleased. Our little Coleman is finally responding to medication and has perked up. We headed out to a field at the end of our street this afternoon for a little bit of t-ball with the boys. Too chilly for a tank top, Caden didn't mind. They got in some batting and throwing practice. Best of all, Coleman was able to play as well.

While noticing him smile this evening I said to him, "Oh, where have you been my child?" Without a moment's hesitation he responded, "I've been in complete darkness and in pain." What a crazy seven-year-old response. Truth is, he's probably the most happy to be back. Hopefully, he's on the mend for good. It's awful having sick kiddos.

Unfortunately, my honey is leaving this weekend for another trip to the United States for training. We're all so sad and about to work through our longest time apart. I'm rather whimpy when it comes to separation... let's see if I can toughen up a little bit. I'm trying to be strong.
Thinking of my friends who have lost their husbands for months or even a year at a time to deployments, I'm trying to draw on their strength. Nothing is right when we're apart. I miss him so much.


1 comment:

Mac and Starr said...

Mac and I just laughed to the point of tears!!! Coleman is SO funny!!! We're glad he's feeling better too!