Friday, April 29, 2011

this mama's P A T I E N C E is gone

I'm relieved to have the weekend in sight. It wasn't the worst week of my life, but I'm so happy it is ending. I started out on Monday starting a pot of potatoes to boil then LEAVING my house to go for a run. Yes, it wasn't until I was gone for two hours {of course, not running that entire time} that I realized I left the burner on- luckily turned down to 4. But, still.

Talk about an adrenaline rush- not the good kind, it was horrible anticipating what I would be walking in to. To my surprise, there was still water in the pot- covering my little potatoes even. I was shocked and had convinced myself while racing home that it was going to be a horrible disaster with smoke alarms sounding as the charred pot remained. 

Today, I'm most grateful to have made it through the week and avoided burning down our {rental} house.

We're ready for our daddy to come home- things haven't been the same without him...

* The little boys' average bedtime has moved from 7pm to closer to 9pm-ish... Their daddy is just so much better at sealing the deal on early bedtimes. I haven't figured out how to do it, yet. We're all tired.
* The car and the van both have garbage and belongings in them... something that never happens when Daddy is home.
* I had to actually fill up the vehicles with gas- something I normally never do. Call me spoiled.
* Dinner has been a little less than planned... we didn't have any cereal nights, but not the best menu either. We ate hamburgers cooked on the stovetop instead of the grill- something we rarely do.
* The mail hasn't been checked since Monday. It's a pain going to the Post Office on base- I dread it. Of course, the mailbox attached to our house stays empty most of the time- it's German!
* We actually {accidentally} left the garage door open for a whole night. Oops, at least it was only once. Luckily, the regular doors lock automatically when you shut them, so we haven't had to make sure they're locked at night. Guess I'm not too worried about safety.
* My bed is cold, I've had to sleep in head-to-toe pj's and miss my heat source.
* This mama's patience is about gone and it's only been two weeks.
* We're all ready for him to be home.

I finally had a little visit with our landlord this evening. I need to take note and maybe I won't do it {the build up} again. I really hate building up scenarios in my mind {in this case, for days on end} and obsessing over it only to confront the issue then wonder why in the world I stressed out. I don't get why I still do this to myself from time to time. It's as if I feel I need a little extra stress and worry in my life and bring it on myself- how stupid.

Our chat went well. Speaking with our landlords really the only time that I am forced to dig deep and use a little German. I actually think I like it, believe it or not and I always walk away wanting to re-learn it. Today, every conversaton in my head was in German preparing for the real deal. Also, there's nothing like a little motivation to clean house knowing I'd be asking him to come in and take a look at our problem areas. Maybe he thinks I always keep a Pine-sol fresh home and am on top of things. I can dream.

I showed him the moldy wall{s} and got down on the floor for him to feel the horrible warping on the floor. I also showed him the water damage {more warped boards} by our sink, so he knows they're all messed up. He said {rough translation} the drain that he fixed in our bathroom is good and it's just from the water that leaked before he fixed it. 

He then said it is absolutely not our problem. We've known this all along, we just needed to make sure he felt the same. The fact that it is dry now is good, I need to keep the windows open {he did give me props for keeping them open}. When we move, he'll have to rip it out and re-do it, or something like that. Honestly, he doesn't even slow down for me. Maybe he thinks I really do speak and understand German well. Again, I can dream.

For now, I won't worry about it- any of it.

I'm now even more convinced than ever that mold is just a German way of life. They're used to it and it's not a big deal. To us, it's disgusting. For now, I'll set that worry up on the shelf and forget about it. Life goes on.

Not only are the flowers over here absolutely beautiful, the trees are gorgeous. So many varieties have flowers on them. Kind of a two-for-one deal.

As tiny as most of the yards are here, they do with what space they have. Perennials, baskets and window boxes are abundant and stunning. I'm really trying to take time to enjoy the scenery.

I think these purple blooms are so dainty and so pretty. Love driving past them every day.

No comments: