Tuesday, April 5, 2011

t-ball season is H E R E

Nothing screams out Spring to me quite like baseball season- I just love it this sport. Some of my earliest memories include sleeping out on my Grandma's enclosed patio listening to Padres games with her on the radio.

Smelling the fresh air while feeling the chill of those late evenings in San Diego at the same time. Ah, the crack of the bat- I just love that sound. Good memories that have stuck with me- perhaps endeared me to the sport. 

Baseball just didn't stick with Justin or Ty. Justin did one {1} summer of t-ball and hated it because they just wouldn't keep score. He refused to believe that everyone was a winner {a huge theme in t-ball} and showed his competitive side even then. He absolutely refused to play the next year and I didn't fight him.

Tyler played soccer and says he wishes he had played baseball. I've apologized for not pushing him in that direction.

We saw Coleman's laid back attitude toward the game immediately as he took to the field two years ago for the first time. All-around, he's just a laid back kid- he can't help it. He did figure out if he would just hit the ball harder, he wouldn't have to run as fast. Not too much of a competitive bone in his body- he prefers if everyone would just get along.

He definitely helps create a little balance in our home. It's coach-pitch ball for him this summer, but missed his first practice this week since he had strep. He'll be on the field next week.

Caden might just be my little baseball player. Last year, he played blast ball. It is kind of a fun introduction to the sport {batting} but, they didn't even run around the bases. But, he did love the t-shirt and had fun.

This year, he's old enough {finally} to play t-ball. It's big time for him and with his first practice last night, he was loving every minute. Actually focused and super competitive, it was quite like watching a little Justin out there. He loves running and had to be first in any run- pretty much exactly how Justin was and still is today.

Caden didn't stop smiling the entire practice. Of course, he's still young enough and excited to have his mom there- he checked back often to make sure I was watching. So rewarding to sit back and see him so happy. I love this age.

No comments: