Monday, April 25, 2011

opening D A Y

It's another German holiday today- Easter Monday. What the heck? Another Monday without garbage pick up and I'm not sure when they'll make it up. Hopefully, tomorrow.

I took a small bag of garbage with me on base this morning and dumped it in a parking lot garbage. I might need to start doing this every time I head to the base- what a pain. I have no can to put it in. Better yet, maybe I should sent it with Justin and Ty to school to dump- think that would fly?

I'm thinking I should take a holiday as well- it was a busy weekend. At one point in my life {a long, long time ago} there was a time that I longed to be a single mom. I just wanted to take my boys and run as fast as I could- I couldn't wait to be on my own and out of the miserable dysfunctional {to put it lightly} relationship I was in.  

Anyone who has gone through that horrible process can maybe understand the desire for freedom and a fresh start.

Now, being in a fabulous marriage with a husband as not only my partner but my best friend- I can't ever seem to get enough of him. On my own this week, I've had a little reminder of what it is like to be a single mom and I don't like it- at all. On the home stretch this week, I can't wait to be together again.

This weekend was quite busy with four boys needing to be in four different places on Saturday. Luckily, they were close and I was able to juggle them all. Coleman and Caden had opening day of baseball season.

They had a parade, the national anthems {German and English} and first pitch was thrown out to start their season. Both boys then had their first games- very exciting.

Justin and Ty had a home track meet and both did very well.  Justin placed in both shot and disc although he wasn't as happy as he would like. Extremely competitive by nature, he really wants to do well.

Ty made it through both of his hurdles events even still struggling with shin splints. He placed well in the 110 hurdles, but knows his time was faster. He'll get there. He was on board to run a 4x400 but pulled out at the last minute.

Hopefully, they just keep improving... he's ready to run! They just found out this week that not only do they get to go to England for a track meet, they also have a meet in Holland. Very cool for them.

No comments: