Wednesday, April 20, 2011

yummy P E A C H

Look what we received! Just as she said, our German neighbor returned the plate with German desserts this last weekend. She even offered to give us the recipes which I will be sure to follow up on. With presentation being important here, she had six portions neatly arranged. Three pieces of a wonderful peach dessert of some sort. Crust on the bottom with the peach filling. Then, the sweetest {creamiest} custard layered on top. I'm now in love with custard since Granny introduced it to me just last year. SO delicious. I really should learn to make this... then again, maybe I shouldn't.

On the second half of the plate, there were three pieces of a semi-sweet cake/bread which was also just scrumptious! The gesture meant more to me than any dessert she could have made. I'll definitely be sending more next door.

No comments: