Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inevitable or Avoidable?

...and then there was one. I'm it- the only one left. It all started with Justin about two weeks ago. He brought the flu to our house and it's stayed and spread. Coleman was second and has probably had it the worst. He's on an all-water diet, with occasional sips of Gatorade or juice. He doesn't want soda any more because he thinks it makes him throw up. Can't blame him since he he's been sick just about every night for the past week. He's a chocolate-milk kid and doesn't want to be anywhere near the stuff- pretty telling sign that he's sick. Caden had a bad bout and has been quite cranky on top of it. He's also had a nap every day this week- sure sign of illness in a kid who hates to sleep. Jim couldn't avoid it and actually missed the last two days of work. Pretty bad since he's only had one sick day in the last 12 1/2 years. I thought Tyler and I were the strong ones, until Justin told me this morning that Ty was up in the night. So, now I'm wondering if it's inevitable or if I can escape it.

I really don't have time to be sick- like any other mom in the world with responsibilities and running around to do. I don't go too many places, but our house is enough running for me. I'm starting to get little butterflies in my stomach- not the kind that come when Jim's on his way home from work... a different kind. Is there such thing as sympathetic stomach flu? I feel the need to hurry and catch up on everything just in case I'm down for a couple days. Kind of like that nestling feeling before having a baby. Oh, I hope I don't get it. Guess I'll get busy just in case!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your house has been hit with the bug so hard. Scott was down for at least 2 weeks, and I worried the whole time I was going to catch it. Luckily, I didn't. Good luck to you.