Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sibling Rivalry

Poor Tyler. He's such a sweet kid- so loving. He's the first to give me a great big hug when he comes home from school and never forgets to kiss us goodnight. He's so smart- carries straight A's and is even getting a little more organized with his scatterbrained personality!
I know there's a strong rivalry between Justin and Ty- always has been but, last night it a new low. I did haircuts and Ty was so excited to have a bigger pile of hair than Justin. Who cares? Tyler does... especially since it seems that Justin does everything first, faster, stronger, bigger... Why not count hairs? The hardest thing for Ty is being so much shorter than Justin and always just a little weaker. He hates that Justin's the one who always gets to help dad with the heavy stuff. Or, Justin's the one who can touch the ceiling. He loves when he's a little hungrier... might be a growth spurt in his eyes. It's really not fair.

He hasn't hit his growth spurt yet, although I keep assuring him and warning Justin that he's going to sprout up one of these days. I told him that he has no choice but to be tall- I'm 5"10"... his uncles are tall and strong... But, what if he doesn't? What if he has to live his whole life a bit smaller and shorter than his older, competitive brother? I sure hope that my encouragement all these years won't be for nothing and for his sake... he'll grow- SOON! If not, I may never be hear the end of it... from either of them.

No comments: