Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Vacuum Lines

I love vacuum lines. You know- the nice lines that show that you've just vacuumed and the carpet fibers are all in line? As far as favorite things in my house, vacuum lines are a close second to crisp, clean sheets on my bed. I just love them. I don't know why- maybe it's because it makes me feel as if my house really is clean... even if I I have a sink of dishes or pile of laundry, at least I vacuumed.
This morning, I've run five loads of laundry and put my rugs outside to dry, a dishwasher of dishes, made a few beds, wiped a couple of booties, took a pup potty twice, mopped my floor, straightened up, made breakfast, a snack, lunch and dinner's ready to throw in the oven (lasagne) and vacuumed my whole house (that takes an hour in itself). And that was all by 11:00. If only I could be this organized and on top of it every day... But, already my vacuum lines are about gone thanks to two busy little boys. My excitement is so short lived!

On a happy note... Caden's totally potty trained and he did it in about two days. His daddy went to put his diaper on last week one night and he wasn't having that... he's been dry at night (and in the day) ever since! No accidents... no diapers... no babies... life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny about your vacuum lines. A clean mopped floor is what makes me feel the house is a lot cleaner than it is.
Congrats on the potty training. Does Caden want to come over and be an example for Allison. Let's invite Jenna too and they can learn together!

Anonymous said...

I love vacuum lines! We have hard wood floors and I actually miss carpet for that reason. : )