Thursday, August 4, 2011

the B E FO R E look upstairs

Since I obviously don't have our upstairs put together {yet}, here's what the before looks like. I hope to have a burst of energy and drive to finish up this whole move-and-get-settled thing any day now. It's so easy to start out strong, then fizzle. Why do I have to do that? It's so irritating.
This is the loft area that is now our office. Look at all that light. It gets warm up there, too but the windows open all the way up which is nice. Already, I love sitting up there when it is raining which has been about every other day this month. The beating of the rain on the upper windows is so calming.
Here's a look back across the upstairs. The boys bathroom is at the end. Coleman and Caden's bedroom is next door. Justin 's room is next and Ty's is closest to the computer. Yes, I do think that's how he picked his bedroom. It was all a question of proximity. Router. Wireless Internet speed. Games. Need I say more? Oh, my sweet Ty.
At this end is the bonus {slanted} room that is now an overflow office {junk} room and spare bed set up for Justin to sleep in once company comes and he gives up his bedroom.

Have I mentioned how much we LOVE living next to base since most of everything in our life right how happens on base? I love that Jim gets off work at 5:00 and can be home by 5:05. Love it. I know it's crazy, but it feels like so much more time together.

No comments: