Sunday, August 14, 2011

S U R G E R Y tomorrow

Busy, busy day. Down to one kid tonight and it feels strange. I'm not sure I like it. Actually, I know I don't like it- not one bit.

Justin and Ty left this morning for football camp. I made eggs for breakfast and neither of them finished their plates. Both had a nervous tummy. For Justin, it's high expectations from a coach that has yet to see him play. He wants to do well and feels the pressure to show what he's made of. His ankle {while improved} still isn't 100 percent. Oh, I just hope he doesn't get injured more.
For Ty, it's back to football after a couple years off. Even having a solid foundation and knowledge of the game, it's showtime and the pressure is on to do well. I wish I could take the stress and pain away from both of them, but I can't. Jim dropped them off at the school this morning to catch the bus for a 4-hour bus ride to Ansbach.

Watching them stress only reminds me of earlier volleyball days and puking in just about every bathroom of every locker room in the Anchorage vicinity. I had a nervous stomache and never figured out how to overcome it. I'm just sorry I passed it on to them.

Coleman had the easiest day {by far} as we took him out to a friend's house for his first overnight sleepover. He was super excited to go- he even let us know he did not need his blankies. Wow- he's growing up.

For Caden, it's surgery tomorrow. Round two for us this month. He's getting his tonsils out- showtime is 6:15am. We should be home by early afternoon if all goes well. It's the same doctor who took Coleman's out. We expect a smooth day and are stocked up with lots of popcycles and ice cream.

Justin's the last one to still have his tonsils. He said, "I've had them 17 years with no problem- I see no reason to take them out now." He's got a point- for now, they're staying.

No comments: