Friday, August 5, 2011

so many C A N S

A week after moving in {after she returned from a trip to their vacation home in Italy}, I had the chance to spend some time with Alexandra, our new landlord. The more I am around her, the more I like her.
Everytime I walk away from her I say to myself and anyone around me, "She is just so nice. I can't believe how nice she is." Yes, I say the same thing every single time. Over and over.

Getting our utilities set up was one of the most stressful things related to our relocation. I now understand why my friend didn't quite understand what I was talking about or why I was so frustrated for weeks on end.
Alexandra did it all for us. She set up the Electric/Gas appointment and let me know what day they were coming to sign the contract. It's the same company for both utilities- how easy is that? We're paying our estimated water straight to her with our rent so no worries or another direct deposit to set up.

Garbage. It's been one of the most difficult things until this last month. Look at all these garbage cans. and they're all ours.

Five cans total and three of them are gigantic.

I almost can't believe it. After moving in, we had more than we ever had in our other house. I was happy with that. They have a BIO collection in this village which is wonderful.
The glass recycle bins are at the end of our street as well which is super convenient. This experience has made me understand that it's not that difficult- with a little help from a German-speaking landlord kind enough to take care of you.

Last week, Alexandra let me know she called the garbage company and they would be bringing larger cans for us. I was in shock. She made the call for us. Over garbage- so silly. They not only brought a new larger black can {for our yucky garbage}, we now have two. The smaller is the size of our old one.

They also brought a new small BIO can to go with our super large BIO can we already have. Check out this super huge blue paper can as well.

One day after working on some house stuff with her she said, "I really hope you enjoy living here." She has no idea. Not a clue.

1 comment:

Krista said...

So happy for you. Kindness goes a long way. Just small simple acts like your landlord is doing for you. Enjoy your time in Germany without the negative and stress. I have a feeling when its time to go home your not going to want to leave. :)