Monday, August 29, 2011

three D O W N

Wow! Time sure does fly. Seems like they were just starting kindergarten. Now, a junior and senior.
While I was finishing up with Coleman this morning, Justin yelled up the stairs to me. "Bye, mom- we're gone." I don't think so.
It was only 7:15 and he couldn't drop Coleman off until 8:00 and we live five minutes from the base. Even with the traffic of back to school, he was a slightly over-anxious senior. Nervous maybe. Who knows?

Plus, he knew I needed to take pictures. As quick as I am- he's still the worst. I yelled back, "I'm taking your picture. Get out on the porch and don't complain." I've done it every single year, you would think they'd be used to it by now.

For Justin, it's his last first-day-of-school picture. A senior. I just can't believe it. If I wasn't a little irritated with him at that moment, I might have even gotten a little sad. Instead, I took pictures, gave them all a hug and sent them on their way.

Caden's teacher and assistant teacher came this morning for a home visit with him so he could meet them. I've never heard of them doing that before but I think it's a great idea- especially for a kid who's also a little anxious about starting school.

His teacher let him know she was going to talk to me for a minute and he was going to talk to the assistant for a minute.  She was sitting on the couch and asked if he'd like to come over and sit next to her.

He politely said, "No, thanks." He starts next week. It's going to be fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe Justin and Alyssa are seniors now...I remember when they were in kindergarten!! Time flies....