Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a little T H I R S T Y

This little flower pot makes me so happy. It always has at least one flower in bloom and they last almost a month, or so it seems.

When I brought it home and planted it in this pot, I was excited to show Jim my new little guy.

He said it looked like a dandelion. Maybe I should have got the red one. Oh, well. I'm still quite fond of it. I keep it in the kitchen window and look at it several times a day, every day.

Spending more time on the couch {this week} holding a recovering little boy than working in the kitchen- it's looking a little weary.

Nothing like needing a little drink of water. Just a splash of water and the flowers stand straight back up. This is a little how I'm feeling today. Maybe I need a drink of water, too. Sleep would probably help. When a sick little guy doesn't sleep well- no one sleeps well.

Caden's still struggling to keep any liquids down. Daddy's on his way home with some anti-nausea medicine that will hopefully do the trick.

He's still not on board with the idea that he needed his tonsils out. I can't say I blame him.

As a mom, I can handle most things- puke isn't one of them.

Big boys come home tonight. I can't wait to grab them, hug them and hear all the details I can get out of them from camp.

With Lukey down and J & T gone, it's been a little too quiet around here. I do think I prefer the noise.

No comments: