Tuesday, August 16, 2011

it's F R A C T U R E D in two places

It was a rough night and tough morning with Caden, but we're slowly getting pain medication in him even if Daddy has to convince him to cooperate with me over the telephone. At this point, I'll take whatever help I can get with my strong-headed little guy. Jim took Coleman on a bike ride last night which brought tears and sobbing from our little man who has a hard time sitting still.

When he woke up in the recovery room yesterday he said, "What did those guys do to me?" He said yesterday and just mumbled again, "I told you I didn't want my tonsils out." Too late now.
Ok, I think I'm ready for them to come home. They've been gone {a whole} two nights- that's long enough for this mama. I truly can't even think about Justin moving out for college next year. Can't.
Ty called back yesterday afternoon to let us know he's alright. Jim answered the phone. He said they did take him to the Krankenhaus {German hospital} and has his finger in a splint. Fortunately, it's not a buckle fracture and it doesn't need to be set.
He's still playing- just can't catch catch too well. At the end of their conversation, Jim asked if he wanted to talk to me. He said, "Nope, I'm ok." Guess talking to dad was good enough.

Their sheets are clean, rooms are tidy. Tomorrow night, they should be home {exhausted} from three-a-days at camp. Wake up and breakfast at 6:30 should be enough of a shock for them after being on a lazy summer schedule the last two months.

I can't wait to hear how they did. I miss them.
Ty's room before:
Ty's room now:
Justin's room before:
Justin's room now:

No comments: