Monday, August 22, 2011

worst P A R E N T ever

How do you keep a sick kid down? Especially a kid who has to be on the go ALL day long! With most kids, when they're well enough to get around I have no problem letting them get up and go. With Caden, it's been painful {for me} trying to keep him down so he can heal and get well.

It's been one week since Caden's surgery and he's still not feeling well. Even worse, he has yet to sleep through an entire night without crying and whining- the worst kind of torture to any parent in my opinion.

Roll your eyes, cry, scream, pout, give attitude... but whine and I CAN'T stand it! Even worse is when they're whining and follow me from room to room {as I'm trying to get away from them} so I make sure I can hear that they're whining. Oh, drives me crazy.

After three super sick days right after surgery, he woke up feeling ready to go and wanted to ride his bike. Of course, it's not fair that Coleman gets to eat crunchy foods or go swimming or ride his bike. So, we let him go outside, ride his bike and swim this weekend.

He didn't do much- in and out of the pool a little. The problem- he seems worse than before. We definitely paid the price- he was up ALL night Saturday night crying that his throat hurt.

After another long night {last night} with him, I woke up this morning determined to keep him down today. We're tired. SO tired. I slipped him a little of his anti-nausea medicine in hopes of making him a little tired to ease the fight on my hands.

By mid morning he shouted at me in his most frustrated, loudest, raspy, post-surgery shout, "You are the worst parent ever making me stay on the couch. I hate you. Sleep is boring. I can't believe you're making me sleep and I'm not going to sleep."

Yep, that's been my day. I revived myself a little with three games of Uno {making sure I didn't play any Draw-4 cards or win} but, he's still quite unhappy with me.

I think his daddy who never rests and from whom he received these crazy {busy ALL the time} genes should maybe be home taking care of his little restless offspring. He's worn me out.

No comments: