Saturday, August 27, 2011

brighter O U T L O O K

Look what showed up in our village tonight- right across the street from us. I think our house {the pot of gold} is where it ends. I'm feeling that lucky and happy, truly. It feels so nice.

It was a day of deals for the Dickey household. I'm so excited, I can't stand it. Little things- nothing big. On the used-items site, Jim found this mini-freezer that we went and picked up this morning. Jim says he's convinced buying nice used things are the way to go.

I've never been too good at garage-sale shopping. I want to, I'm just not patient and have never figured out the art of garage-sale shopping. I'm not good at bargining either.

I'm definitely not against buying used things, it's just sometimes so much work to find exactly what you're looking for.

Here, it's kind of like a garage sale-except it's online and mostly military families coming and going. No sorting through the worn-out stuff to get to the good stuff. Maybe, it's a little more my style.

Especially here with so many military families moving in and our- there is a lot of nice to be found at really discount prices. It's taken a long time for me to hear this from my husband. I might need to get it in writing from a man who LOVES to shop and loves nice {new} and the best of everything.

We scored on a couple other items, I'll have to show once they're assembled and in use. For today- I'm thrilled for more freezer space- I'm thrilled. Again, it's the little things that are making me so happy right now.

Overall, I'd even be tempted to put it out there that this has been once of our best weeks since moving to Germany. Yes, yesterday I was beyond excited to get rid of these kids. Today, I'm still excited for school to start.

Next week, my little sister and her super cool hubby are coming for a visit. Maybe that's why my outlook is so bright. While I really needed them a few months ago, I'll take them now- no complaints!

I think this last month {since we moved, actually} has been a turn-a-round month for our whole family which has really made me think and focus on my attitude. I can't help but wonder if my negative, depressed, struggling attitude is what brought our whole family down in making and adjusting to this move.

In a way, I feel in a why like I'm back. Normally upbeat, this year has been beyond a struggle. The excited, take-on-the-world super happy way my head feels now is how I think I normally feel. I know we havce more struggles ahead- that's life, especially in Germay. But, for now I'll enjoy it.

It's nice to be back.

No comments: