Tuesday, January 4, 2011

boxes & more boxes

Our movers actually showed up this morning! No, I haven't had too much to say to the driver... but trying to be somewhat nice. Two months from the date they finished loading us up in Kansas, it has finally arrived. I've never been so happy to unpack boxes. It's nice having these four German guys running up and down our stairs putting it all in the right rooms. All I have to do is point my finger in the direction it goes. They just took a quick lunch break and went to get the last seven crates of stuff, then they'll put together anything we need assembled. Just the sight of our mattress makes me so happy! We'll all be feeling a little more gratitude tonight- aah the simple things!

Our Internet guy showed up as well... what a jerk he was, but at least we have our own service- finally! He came in and asked me where the main cable was in the house. I said I didn't know and he snapped back at me {loudly} "Well, I don't know either." Oh, I have very little tolerance for rudeness... there's no reason for it ever in my opinion. I took him down and showed him the cable cord coming out of the wall- nope, wrong one and he let me know. After a total of about two short minutes looking, he found the phone jack in our master bedroom. If he would have asked me for the phone jack instead of the main cable he might have gotten the right answer at first. He spent five total minutes here to get it activated... we waited more than a month for a five-minute service call? Good news- our Internet does seem way faster already... I'll be ready to Skype with someone tonight... might have a whole conversation without getting kicked off!

No comments: