Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a little more to S H O V E L

Feels like winter should just about be coming to an end! Jim said this last weekend, "If we don't get any more snow this winter, I'd be fine. I'm tired of it." This is my husband who also says he'd love to move back to Alaska. Sounds a little like a contradiction to me being that the snow in Alaska falls harder and lasts longer than just about any place! I loved his schedule in Alaska- working 12-hour shifts made for lots of days off. It was nice being close to G'pa and G'ma as well. But, long winters and super short, cool summers- I think I've done my time! What in the world is he thinking? Crazy man... Tyler's right along side him- missing Alaska as well. Definitely count me out!

As much as Caden loves to shovel, he even said this morning, "When is it going to be summer?" I'm still trying to explain to him that the swimming pool here is inside. I remember moving to Kansas from Alaska- so excited for Justin and Ty to enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool. It's funny to me that swimming outside with the warmth of the hot sun overhead is all the little guys know {and love}. Good thing today is that it's already melting... just a sloppy, wet mess!

No comments: