Sunday, January 16, 2011

he's L E A V I N G me (for only a little bit)

It was a quick weekend, I'm not ready for the new week {yet}. We had an invite for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time with some new friends- Sam and Martha. Fabulous food {ribs, pulled pork, slaw, beans, cornbread, brownies...}and great company- all of it was so enjoyed! They went way out of their way for us... it was a great afternoon/evening! We discovered we were actually stationed in Alaska at the same time and left about the same time as well.  {I guess I was kind of stationed in Alaska my whole life... }They have a little girl who is just three days younger than Caden- born at the same hospital. How crazy is that to meet up in Germany of all places, five years later knowing our paths certainly must have crossed? I'm just sure we were sitting in the same waiting room waiting for our babies to come! Pretty cool. 
Some exciting news... just this last week, Jim was hooked up by his boss with an extra {quite cool} assignment. He's the ground boss of an upcoming air show which happens to be in P A R I S in June. It's the biggest air show in the world- quite an awesome opportunity. He's getting excited, but at the same time he knows it's going to be a huge task. So... he's heading for his first trip to Paris this week for a site survey and meet & greet. Different from all other work-related trips, the dress clothes and ties packed. Not a touch of fatigues in the suitcase- this is Europe for sure. His train {according to their Web site} travels up to 300 kph- that's about 186 miles per hour! The trip is approximately 2 1/2 hours straight from here to Paris. We're definitely planning to join him and make a family trip out of it in June- something to look forward to. He'll be working 12-14 hour days the weekend of the show, so the boys and I will have to have fun. I'll be sure to post updats on his travels this week...

No comments: