Sunday, January 23, 2011

the P A N T R Y


what a wreck...
It's Sunday- family day here in Germany and we will not be working today. I would have been happy to have a day of rest yesterday as well but, that would have been pushing it with my super-motivated, project-oriented husband. Oftentimes, I'm not quite on board and would rather relax, but this is a quality of his that I do love. He gets things done!

much better...

Yesterday, we worked on our laundry room. Who needs a big kitchen {or cupboards even} when you can turn your laundry room in to a walk-in pantry? We have a sauna as well in the laundry room which for us, makes a nice storage unit. Don't think we really want to use any more of this expensive German electricity than is absolutely necessary. Works for us. Jim gave up one of his garage shelving units and while it's a tad long, fits great and is now home for the pots, pans and everything else that is supposed to be in the kitchen. I feel strongly that a cluttered area makes for a cluttered mind... slowly, the clutter is starting to find a place and my mind is becoming a little more clear. I should get a new picture up of the little guy's room since I posted that horrible, messy one last week. Typically, as soon as it's clean Caden manages to turn it upside down within a day.

Exhausted after dinner last night, I decided to let the dishes sit until this morning. Jim wanted to just get them done {of course}. We went back and forth {laughing, not really arguing} while I worked to convince Jim to just let it go. We ended up heading up to put the little guys to bed {dirty dishes in the sink}. What a surprise to discover that Ty cleaned up the kitchen... no prompting necessary! Hearing our {arguing} he decided to take charge. Great kid, happy mom. 
even space left on the shelves... how did that work out?

   
sauna... aka storage


No comments: